Finance – Bookkeeper (Part-Time) – Renfrew and Area Seniors’ Home Support
Renfrew and Area Seniors’ Home Support, a Community Support Service Agency, which provides services to seniors and adults with disabilities to assist them to age well in their homes is seeking a part-time Finance Officer – Bookkeeper for 21 hours a week. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance Officer will:
- Provide all bookkeeping and accounting services related to the day-to-day management of finances and payroll for Renfrew and Area Seniors’ Home Support and our Golden Age Activity Centre
- Provide Client Intervention and Assistance for government financial programs including the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly reports as required by the Board of Directors and the Ministry of Health
- In conjunction with the Finance Committee prepare budgets annually
- Provided assistance in collaboration with the year end audit process
- Assist with service provision as required
The successful candidate will have:
- Credentials from a recognised Community College in Business – Accounting
- Proficiency in Sage Accounting and Microsoft Office Programs
- Two years financial accounting experience or equivalent
- Previous experience working with non-profit, charitable organizations would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of government assistance programs (CPP, OAS) and basic income tax preparation
- The ability to work in a high demand environment and manage multiple priorities
- The ability to work independently and within a team
- Training provided
Salary to be negotiated. Benefit package available upon successful completion of probation.
Renfrew and Area Seniors’ Home Support is committed to equality in employment and will provide accommodation for the interview when requested. Please note that no phone enquiries will be accepted and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their cover letter and resume by Friday, February 17th, 2023, at 4:00pm to [email protected] or mail to:
Renfrew and Area Seniors’ Home Support
214 Raglan St. S.
Renfrew, Ontario K7V 1R1
Attention: Dennis Harrington, Executive Director